Water Heater Repair in Portland
Serving Cumberland & York County Residents for Over 24 Years
If your hot water has stopped working or isn’t up to the task anymore, one call to Pine State Services will solve your problem. Our Portland water heater technicians are equipped to handle electric, gas, indirect, or tankless water heaters of various makes and models.
Whether you have a minor problem that needs a simple solution, or a major problem that requires more extensive repairs, our plumbers have the necessary tools and experience to complete the job right the first time. If your current water heater is beyond repair, we can competently guide you through your best replacement options.
How to Know When a Water Heater Requires Repairs
While knowing when to call for professional repairs for a water heater is not rocket science, sometimes the signs can be subtle and difficult to recognize unless you know what to look for.
Your water heater may need to be repaired when:
- You do not have hot water
- You do not have enough hot water
- Your water is reddish-brown
- Your water smells or tastes strange
- Your system is leaking
- You hear cracking, popping, or rumbling
- You have unusually high water bills
When you notice any of these warning signs, be sure to give us a call right away for fast and effective repairs.
What are the Different Types of Water Heaters?
When choosing a water heater that's best for your home, it's important to understand what you will be using that water heater for, how much water you will need to be heated at once, your family size, and your location. All of these factors considered, here are the options you can choose from:
- Conventional Storage Tank Water Heater - When the water temperature drops below the fixed level, the heater turns on to bring the water back up to the set temperature. Storage tank systems maintain this temperature day and night through a gauge that functions like a thermostat.
- Tankless Water Heater - Using super-heated coils, the tankless water heater flash-heats water on demand as you need it. It offers a higher degree of energy efficiency than a traditional tank heater as you don't have to heat your water all at once. However, they heat much less water at once.
- Heat Pump Water Heater (Hybrid) - This is because heat pumps draw heat from the air or ground, rather than heating the water directly. The electricity it does use is for delivering this heat, which makes it more efficient than using power to heat water directly. Because they can be switched to provide heat via standard electric heaters when the demand for hot water is high, they are called hybrid systems.
- Solar Power Water Heater - If you live in the Portland area, a solar water heater makes sense. It uses heat-conducting material to warm water in a closed-loop system, drawing energy from solar panels that are installed on your roof. During cloudy or cold days, solar panels can generate heat, so you do not have to worry about them when the rain hits. Many systems come with a backup in case the sun does not shine as much in your area.
- Condensing Water Heater - Condensing water heaters are an excellent option for families with gas-heated water. These heaters use a funnel to collect natural gas exhaust, including water vapor, from your home's natural gas system. Cooling the exhaust to 140 degrees F causes water vapor to condense in it, after which hot water is drawn through a coil at the bottom of the tank to heat water.
Portland Water Heater Maintenance
Among the many appliances we depend on every day is the water heater. The water heater is generally reliable and quiet, whether it is gas or electric. The same goes for water heaters, which need regular maintenance just like other major appliances! If you take care of your water heater properly, it can last for a decade or longer, and you may save time and money by doing so.
Pressure Valve Check
Refilling and Draining the Tank
Fixing Leaks and Drips
We want to help you get the most out of your water heater if you are not comfortable performing this regular maintenance. Contact us to learn more!
Choosing the Best Water Heater For Your Home
All water heaters will eventually need to be replaced, generally after 10 years. There are many options for energy-efficient water heaters today. With so many brands, styles, and sizes to choose from, selecting a water heater can be confusing and overwhelming.
At Pine State Services, we aim to make the process of purchasing and installing a new water heater as smooth as possible for our customers. We will begin by evaluating your home, needs, preferences, and budget. Based on the information we gather, we will point you to your best options and help you make an informed decision. Once you have chosen the perfect water heater, we will get it set up for optimal performance and maximum energy savings.
Our Skilled Plumbers Are Standing By
To talk with a Portland water heater expert, reach out to Pine Services today. We would be happy to speak to you over the phone to discuss what might work best for you and your budget. You can also visit our rebate and tax credit page to see if there are any current options available for water heaters.
Call (207) 747-1210 to schedule a visit from one of our Comfort Advisors to discuss your energy efficient options.