Heat Pump Installation in Portland, ME
Design, Installation & Repair Services for Your Heat Pumps
Heat pumps are a fuel efficient alternative to furnaces and air conditioners that can save you money and reduce your carbon footprint. At Pine State Services, we have 5 team members who are Qualified Partners with Efficiency Maine who can effectively design, install, and service heat pumps in Portland, Me. We stay current with energy efficient laws and rebates and how they apply to our customers.
Your Best Heating Solutions in Cumberland & York County
Pine State Services is proud to be an official Diamond Dealer for Mitsubishi Electric products. Mitsubishi Electric continues to be America’s #1 selling brand of ductless heating and cooling systems. Their heat pumps provide a highly efficient and cost-effective way to heat and cool the rooms of your home that you spend most of your time in. This prevents energy from being wasted on areas that are empty and that you rarely go into.
As Diamond Dealers with an Elite status for Mitsubishi, we can offer our customers and extended 12 year warrant on any heat pump we install that is part of the Mitsubishi line. Additionally, our general heat pump installation service comes with a two year parts and labor warranty. We include a free two year Pine State Diamond Club membership that gives you priority scheduling, emergency service access to licensed technicians, preferred pricing on any repairs for any plumbing, heating, cooling or electrical issues.
Get the expert heat pump services you require today, by dialing (207) 747-1210.
Say Hello to Energy-Efficient Heating
If you are looking for a highly efficient way to warm or cool different zones of your home, a heat pump may be the right solution. These ductless heating and cooling systems are becoming increasingly popular as a replacement for old, inefficient methods of controlling household climate.
Whether you are building a new home, adding on to your house, or looking for the best option to replace your current heating system, it may be the perfect time to install this energy efficient system.
A heat pump offers many benefits, including:
- Saves you money on energy bills
- Gives you more comfort and control
- Does not require ductwork
- Provides a single solution for heating and cooling a home
- Creates far less noise than a traditional heating system
- Delivers proven, time-tested results
- Reduces carbon emissions
- Requires less maintenance than conventional systems
- Lasts up to twice as long as other heating systems
Maine Rebate Programs
Are you looking to save even more money by installing new heating? Efficiency Maine offers great incentives that can help you do just that. Over the last five years, more than 45,000 ductless heat pumps have been installed across the state, and today many of those units would qualify for a rebate through Efficiency Maine’s new ductless heat pump rebate program. If you install a new ductless heat pump in your home, you could potentially receive thousands in rebates!
Here’s how it works
Qualifying heat pumps are broken down into two primary categories: tier 1 and tier 2.
- Tier 1 heat pumps are anything with an AHRI-rated HSPF of 12.0 or higher for single indoor units, or 10.0 or greater for multiple indoor units.
- Tier 2 heat pumps have a more stringent set of guidelines: they must have an HSPF rating of 12.5 or greater, be a single-zone unit, they must be wall-mounted, and they must be installed after January 1st, 2020 in a home that is not served by natural gas. (The HSPF is a measurement of performance and energy efficiency given out by the Air Conditioning, Heating, & Refrigeration Institute.)
Here’s the good news: for tier 1 units, your first unit qualifies for a $500 rebate, and your second unit qualifies for a $250 rebate. For tier 2 units, your first system qualifies for a $1,000 rebate and your second qualifies for a $500 rebate. However, you have to act fast if you want to take advantage of this rebate: there is a lifetime limit of two heat pump indoor unit rebates per dwelling, and you’re only eligible for your rebate if you apply within 12 months of the completion of your upgrade.
Learn more about installing a qualifying heat pump system from the preferred registered installer in the Portland, ME community! Call Pine State Services today to learn more.
Questions to Ask Your Heat Pump Contractors:
- Are they qualified? – Technical EPA and / or Oil Journeyman licenses are required in Maine to install heating and cooling equipment with refrigeration. Also new electrical will need to be run, a disconnect at the unit and a separate electrical breaker will need to be installed by licensed electrician. Luckily, at Pine State Services we have licensed HVAC technicians and electricians.
- Do they have manufacturer training? – Certain heat pumps require manufacturers training so that customers receive the best service with that product. With our Diamond Dealer status with Mitsubishi, our techs receive training every year. We also host Brand Specific Manufacture training to ensure everyone stays up-to-date with the latest heat pump technology and service.
- How long have they installed heat pumps? – Experience can never be overstated. It’s one thing to get training but another to have real, hands-on experience. We have over 15 years of experience with heat pump services. All our techs undergo 6 months of apprenticeship before being promoted to “lead installer” with their own truck.
- Do they offer other services outside of heat pumps? – It’s important to hire a well-rounded technician who has knowledge of more than just heat pumps. While we love heat pumps, we know they’re not the right solution for everyone, which is why we’ll never pressure our clients to switch to them. We take the time to understand your needs and find the right solution for you – be it installing a new heat pump or replacing your old furnace!
Ready, Set, Comfort!
On top of all the other benefits that we have mentioned, you should know that heat pumps are fast. Not only do they take minimal time to install, but also they can heat or cool a room exceptionally quickly. Let our Portland heat pump experts get you set up with a system that is right for you. If you are already enjoying a heat pump system, make sure you reach out to us for our expert repair and maintenance services.
Call Pine State Services today at (207) 747-1210 for professional heat pump installations and repairs.
Came to my house on time, and did everything I needed really quickly, and to my satisfaction.- Ken C.
He was professional and explained what his plan was to restore our heat efficiently.- Stephen B.
The service all around is great at Pine State Service!- Christopher E.
Every single day I see our office staff and technicians working extremely hard to be the best plumbing and heating company in the area.- Jenn W.
Without Pine State, this could’ve been disastrous.- Miles