Are you looking for a heating repair and maintenance specialist in Portland? If so, you have come to the right place. Cumberland and York County residents trust and recommend Pine State Services for fast and reliable repairs and performance-enhancing tune-ups.
We have 50 of our Portland furnace repair and maintenance technicians that are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so you don’t ever have to wait until the next day to get your heat up and running again. Our uniformed servicemen are quick to arrive, fully licensed, and knowledgeable in all high-efficiency heating systems. We provide ongoing and extensive training for all of our staff, which means that you will always receive the very best services available.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Furnace Issues?
- Lack of maintenance: A lack of maintenance will cause unexpected breakdowns, problems, and repairs. With routine inspection you can help avoid these issues and have a more reliable appliance.
- Dirty air filters: Even something as simple as a clogged or dirty air filter can cause the furnace to have to work twice as hard in order to circulate air flow. Sometimes a clogged filter can cause damage to the limit switch which in part controls the fan.
- Everyday Use: With day to day use, the your unit will have the normal wear and tear that comes along with it. This can cause heat control problem or even cause the unit to overheat.
- Electric ignition & pilot control problems: A bad ignition or pilot light could make heating your home or business a difficult process. An unlit pilot light could be due to a thermocouple problem.
- Thermostat problems: A thermostat that isn't working properly, can lead to problems with the fan and ultimately cause the house to feel uncomfortable.
- The furnace doesn’t heat at all: The main job of a furnace is to keep the home at a comfortable temperature, it if doesn't perform this task, you may have a problem with your thermostat setting or even the pilot light.
- Frequent cycling: If your furnace is cycling, "on" and "off" frequently, this could be due to the furnace short cycling, a clogged filter or even a wrongly set thermostat.
- Blower constantly running: Is the blower continuously running? It could be that your limit switch isn't working properly and in need of our Portland furnace repair services.
- The furnace is too noisy: If you notice that your furnace is making, clanging and banging noises, it may be an early indicator that your furnace needs repair. Don't wait to assess the situation as the problem could get worse and cause much more damage to your furnace.
Who Can You Call for Furnace Repair?
If you need furnace repair in Portland, ME it is best to call a professional HVAC technician at Pine State Services. Our technicians will be able to diagnose the problem with your furnace and provide the appropriate repairs. Additionally, our team can create a personalized maintenance plan to keep your furnace running efficiently and safely throughout the year.
Who Can You Call for a Boiler Repair?
A boiler operates a little bit differently than a furnace and utilizes hot water or steam instead of heated air to heat your home. Because of this, some homeowners are unsure of whether to call in an HVAC professional or a plumber when they need boiler service. This is an important concern, because there is overlap, and every specialist has their own set of services they are interested in providing. Luckily, with Pine State Services, you can simply pick up the phone and dial without a worry, because we have both teams!
Signs You Need Furnace Repair
There are several indicators that your heating system may be in need of repairs.
The most common signs are:
- No hot air is coming out
- Uneven heating throughout your home
- Foul smells coming from your furnace
- Loud noises coming from the heating unit
- Your furnace keeps turning on and off
- Your furnace is difficult to turn on
- Your furnace doesn’t turn on at all
- Your unit is leaking water
- Your unit cycles more frequently
- Your utility bills keep increasing
- And more
If you notice any of the following problems, please reach out to the furnace repair experts at Pine State Services to schedule your service as soon as possible.
What Is the Average Lifespan of a Furnace?
The average lifespan of a furnace is 15-20 years. However, having a comprehensive maintenance plan is key for keeping your furnace in good working condition for as long as possible.
Professional Heating Repairs in Portland
Few things are more frustrating than a heater that will not come on when temperatures are frigid. You expect your heating system to perform adequately, and rightly so. When you experience problems with your heating system, it is important to take action immediately.
The sooner you resolve an issue, the sooner you can get back to being warm and safe and not worried about the damage developing into a more substantial problem.
With nearly 30 years of industry experience, our professional team can deliver effective repairs for all types of heating systems, including:
- Heat pumps
- Gas or oil furnaces
- Electric furnaces
- Central heating systems
- Baseboard heaters
- Floor heaters
Regardless of the type of heating system you have or the complexity of the repairs you require, we are prepared to get the job done right the first time.
Reliable Heating System Maintenance Services
With our Portland boiler maintenance team, we desire that your heating system have year-round optimal performance. To achieve this, we offer comprehensive preventative maintenance tune-ups to ensure that your heating system is clean and properly adjusted.
A typical heating tune-up includes inspecting all critical components, cleaning and lubricating all moving parts, and testing the system’s functionality and efficiency. If we find any significant issues during our inspection, we will notify you of the best repair options. We come with fully stocked vehicles in case you have a problem that requires immediate attention.
Check out our reviews to see what our customers have said about working with our team of experienced furnace repair technicians.
Call our Portland heating repair and maintenance experts today at (207) 747-1210. We'll fix your furnace, heat pump, boiler, or any other heating system fast and efficiently!
“They do quality work and the techs are always nice. They look out for the customer by asking a question or two to make sure that you don't get charged for an unnecessary visit.” - Bette K.
“It was truly a pleasure in all of my interactions with him, and it is my feeling that his attention to detail on this install could not have been exceeded!” - Evan
“All in all, he made what could have been a disruptive experience into one of the smoothest jobs I've ever had done.” - Gerry S.
“Came to my house on time, and did everything I needed really quickly, and to my satisfaction.” - Ken C.
“I left a service request online at midnight and was called before 8:30 in the morning.” - Mandy S.