As the weather heats up, many of us will be cranking up the air conditioning in our homes to stay cool and comfortable. But did you know that there are right and wrong ways to use your AC system?
6 Ways to Save Money With Your AC
If you want to stay cool while using your AC efficiently, here are some tips:
- Make sure your thermostat is set to the right temperature. You should keep it at 78 degrees or higher when you're home and 84 degrees or higher when you're away.
- If your AC unit has a "fan-only" setting, use it when weather conditions are mild, and you don't need the full cooling power of the unit. This can help keep your home more comfortable and prevent the system from kicking on unnecessarily.
- Don't let direct sunlight or other sources of heat (like appliances, lights, etc.) make your home warmer than it should be. These things will increase energy consumption and lead to higher utility bills.
- Clean or replace your AC unit's air filter every month. A dirty filter will make your unit work harder and less efficiently.
- Keep your AC unit in good repair by having it serviced regularly. This will help it run more efficiently and prevent costly repairs down the road.
- Keep your AC unit's outdoor condenser coil clean and free of debris. You can do this by hosing it down with water every few weeks.
By following these tips, you can stay cool all summer long while using your AC system efficiently and saving money on your energy bill. In need of AC maintenance or repairs? Contact your local home comfort experts at Pine State Services today! (207) 747-1210